65th Toronto Scout
The group was founded in 1923 and is one of the oldest standing groups in Toronto.
The Scout Troop made a decision to become Sea Scouts in 2004.
The 65th Toronto Scout Group was founded in 1923 at High Park Presbyterian Church at Roncesvalles and Wright Avenue in western Toronto. Unfortunately, very little is known about the ealiest history of the Group, but the earliest independent confirmation is found in early 1924. By the late 1920s the Group was running with a Scout Troop and a Cub Pack, the earliest known Rovers would not come around until 1961 and last for only three years before being revived over half a century later. In its early years, the 65th Toronto often took part in District and Divional events and often finished as one of the top Groups in intertroop competitions.
Jack King, Scouter - 1920s-30s (Later Parkdale Division Group Leader and Parkdale District Commissioner)
Robert F “Bud” Meredith, Scout -1920s-30s (Later District Commissioner for St Catherine’s and Area, over 75 years of service)
Captain Frederick F Slocombe MBE, Group Committee Member (Appointed a member of the Order of the British Empire for his service with the Merchant Navy whilst serving on the Group Committee)
Francis Clinton Croswell, Scouter and Group Committee Chair - 1950s-60s (Later Regional Commissioner for Greater Toronto Regio and Deputy Provincial Commissioner, recipient of the Medal of the Maple)