Aquatic Skills Stage 5
From Scouts Canada Wiki
Revision as of 09:40, 7 September 2016 by SteveMatheson
Aquatic Skills - Stage 5 Competencies & Requirements
- I have tried an introductory Scuba experience in a pool (Bubblemaker/SEAL Team/Discover Scuba Diving).
- Scouts can maintain neutral buoyancy and clear a mask of water while underwater.
- Scouts can open their eyes underwater without goggles.
- I can identify five species in my local aquatic environment (either on the surface or underwater), including hazardous species.
- Scouts can name five animals, insects or plants that live on or under the water.
- I can achieve the “Swim to Survive” standard.
- Scouts can fall or roll into deep water, tread water for one minute, swim 50 metres—all in one continuous attempt, without touching the bottom or shoreline or side of a pool.