In addition to camping sites for tenting there are numerous permanent structures to support Scouts Canada programming including:
- Sleeping lodges with attached kitchen facility and nearby campfire pit.
- Four circles of cabins (aka cub condos) featuring eight canvas bunks per cabin and a central fire pit for each.
- Two dining halls with attached industrial-sized kitchens located adjacent to the cabin circles.
- Shelters for dining and cooking in the tenting fields.
- Washroom facilities in or around all the above.
Most permanent structures are wheelchair accessible including two cabins in each cabin circle.
A number of events run by the Greater Victoria Area take place annually at Camp Barnard including Wolf Howl and Scouts Spring Challenge (usually the first weekend in May), Beaveree (the last Saturday in May and Scout Fall Challenge Camp. The facilities are also used for training events including regular Wood Badge programs
Camp Barnard has been chosen as the site for the 2015 Pacific Jamboree.