From Scouts Canada Wiki
Revision as of 16:27, 17 January 2011 by WikiSysop
Through hands-on learning, Cubs learn basic carpentry knowledge and skills, with an emphasis on safely using tools. 
- Show the proper and safe use of five basic tools such as: saw; hammer, square, smooth plane, rule and tape measure.
- Show how to take care of basic tools.
- Using basic tools, construct a project such as a lair divider or curtain, toy storage box, flower box, trinket box, shoe box, model house, tool box, bird house, etc.
- Explain the purpose of the following supplementary tools: hand drill, set of screwdrivers, mitre box, file, wrench, pliers, and vise grip.
- Show how to use two of the supplementary tools.
- Taken from MEASURING SUCCESS - THE SCOUTING WAY