Cooking Challenge Badge
From Scouts Canada Wiki
Revision as of 20:26, 18 January 2011 by WikiSysop
Show an interest in planning and cooking nutritious meals.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the food groups as outlined in the Canada Food Guide.
- Give examples of foods in each food group, including information on the energy and nutritional values and their effects on the body.
- Explain the importance of three balanced meals a day, as well as the body's daily need for fluid intake.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of appropriate hygiene practices associated with meal preparation and after meal clean-up.
- Prepare a menu for your Patrol for a weekend camp. Discuss with your Patrol the reasons for your menu choices, such as nutritional values, ease of preparation, variety, transportation.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of safety requirements associated with cooking appliances and food storage, used both in the home and the out-of-doors.
- Prepare a menu and cook a meal for your patrol, out-of-doors.
- Prepare a menu and cook a meal for your family, at home.