Family Care Challenge Badge
From Scouts Canada Wiki
Revision as of 09:29, 19 January 2011 by WikiSysop
Show an interest in personal responsibility for your family.
- Show that you are able to look after yourself. your home, and your family for a short period of time.
- Be able to safely operate the appliances in your home; example stove, microwave, oven, vacuum, washing machine, etc.
- Be able to plan, purchase, and prepare a meal
- Keep your home neat and clean.
- Explain and be able to carry out the daily routine of running your family home, ie. wake-up time, meal time, family chores, bed time, etc.
- Because family sickness may be the reason for you to have to look after the home, show also that you have a general knowledge of looking after people who are sick, the principles of personal cleanliness, and home sanitation.
Note: Satisfactory completion of a "Babysitting Course" or a "Home Nursing" course will qualify you for this badge.