Several Groups will be part of an Area and many Areas together make up a Council. A Group is run by a Group Committee, with a Group Commissioner and Group Youth Commissioner taking primary leadership roles.
Each Group will have a Group Committee led by a Group Commissioner selected or elected, then appointed by the Area Commissioner, to ensure that the section leaders receive the appropriate service and support necessary to develop and conduct a quality program and achieve Scouts Canada’s Program Standards.
Group committee members will be clearly focused on the following:
- Help section leaders deliver quality programs
- Motivate and support Scouters
- Recognize and thank section Scouters
- Coach and mentor section Scouters
- Provide training and development opportunities
- Recruit volunteers
- Recruit youth members
- Critical administration including risk management and finance