GROUP REGISTRAR VOLUNTEER POSITION DESCRIPTION
(Taken from the BP&P SECTION 4000 – APPOINTMENTS/POSITIONS)
Selected or elected, then appointed annually by the Group Commissioner
4 – 6 hours per month (on average) NOTE: Heavier time commitment during registration period.
Scope of Position:
- Arrange a meeting with Section Leaders and Group Committee to fill out the Group worksheet.
- Using the Scouts Canada Membership Management system, ensure that the Group Organizational Unit Profile, and each Section Profile, is updated with material from the Group worksheet.
- Organize a pre-registration program in the spring for returning members as well as the fall registration program.
- Answer registration enquiries from Section leaders, members and the general public.
- Working with the Scouts Canada Membership Management System, confirm youth members registrations who have renewed or prospective members who received a spot with a Section of your Group, with acceptance of adult members to be referred to the Group Commissioner.
- Add new Member information for members who have chosen not to register via the Internet, confirm youth registrations and refer acceptance of adult members to the Group Commissioner.
- Work with the council office to find a place for all prospective members.
- Liaise with Section Leaders to ensure that maximum youth and adult numbers are realistic. All prospective members entering a Section after the fall registration program are entered and their registrations have been confirmed.
- Confirm that all prospective members have been placed in a Group. If not, notify Group Commissioner.
- Account for all membership fees received to the Group Treasurer.
- Report to the Group Commissioner regularly on the membership status of the Group.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be familiar with computer data entry and operation of web browser software.
- Have access to a computer with Internet access.
- Be trustworthy and accountable for large sums of money.
- Be organized and capable of dealing with paperwork in an orderly manner.
- Have effective interpersonal skills.
- Registered as a member of Scouts Canada.
Group Committee References
Screening and Training
As with all Scouter/volunteer positions, members of Group Committee must go through the Screening process. This includes completing the full Wood Badge Part I training, including the Group Committee specific modules.