GROUP SECRETARY VOLUNTEER POSITION DESCRIPTION
(Taken from the BP&P SECTION 4000 – APPOINTMENTS/POSITIONS)
Selected or elected, then appointed annually by the Group Commissioner
4 to 6 hours per month (on average)
Scope of Position:
Effectively record and maintain minutes as well as compose other correspondence as required by the Group Committee.
- Create/provide opportunities for growth within the Group.
- Work closely with the Group Registrar to ensure that the annual registration process and all demographic updates are completed in a timely manner.
- Produce for release written material upon the direction of the Group Administrator and/or the Group Commissioner.
- Prepare for, and participate in, the Group Annual Review, paying particular attention to
all minutes and correspondence prepared for the Group over the past year.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Word processing skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Registered as a member of Scouts Canada.
- Demonstrated knowledge of VRAD process
Group Committee References
Screening and Training
As with all Scouter/volunteer positions, members of Group Committee must go through the Screening process. This includes completing the full Wood Badge Part I training, including the Group Committee specific modules.