Horticulture Challenge Badge
From Scouts Canada Wiki
Revision as of 08:42, 19 January 2011 by WikiSysop
Demonstrate your knowledge and involvement in an horticultural project.
- Plan, plant, and tend throughout one complete growing season from early spring to early winter a flower garden of at least 4 m square, OR a vegetable garden of at least 9 m square OR a landscaped property of at least 16 m square.
- Preparation of the soil
- Location of the plants
- Fertilization and mulching used
- The program of weeding, watering, and staking
- The preparation for winter.
- Explain your choice of plants and show or illustrate your results. Photographs, floral displays, horticultural exhibits, growth records, and produce are interesting ways to present your report.