From Scouts Canada Wiki
Revision as of 17:09, 16 November 2017 by SteveMatheson
Individual Knot Pages
- Clove Hitch
- Cobra Weave
- Diagonal Lashing
- Diamond knot
- Eye Splice
- Figure Eight
- Fisherman's Knot
- Friendship Knot
- Fun With Knots Book
- Half Hitch
- Monkey's Fist
- Outdoor Adventure Skills Knots
- Overhand Knot
- Prusik knot
- Reef Knot
- Rope Ladder
- Round Turn and Two Half Hitches
- Shear Lashing
- Sheet Bend
- Short Splice
- Square Lashing
- Taut-Line Hitch
- Timber Hitch
- Tripod Lashing
- Trucker's Hitch
- Turk's Head
Outdoor Adventure Skills Knots
- 1. I can hang a drying/gear line at camp with a half hitch or other knot.
- 1. As part of a team, I have completed a Scoutcraft project using at least a square lashing to join two poles at right angles.
- 2. I can tie a figure eight, bowline, trucker’s hitch and sheet bend, and whip the end of a rope.
- 1. I have built a lean-to shelter and an A-frame sleeping tripod shelter, using wood and tied with four lashing knots: square, diagonal, tripod and shear lashings.
- 8. I can tie the reef knot, sheet bend, figure-eight and bowline used by Scouts when sailing or when camping.
- 9. I can tie eight knots that are useful when sailing, canoeing or camping.
- 1. I have correctly tied a figure-8 follow-through knot.
- 1. I can tie these knots: water (tape), double fishermen’s, prussic, clove hitch and bowline.
- 2. I can coil a climbing rope using a butterfly and a mountaineer method.
- 7. I have constructed and climbed in a “Swiss seat” improvised climbing harness made with tubular or tape webbing.
- 1. I have tied and used a Munter hitch (also called an Italian hitch) as a belay method.
- 2. I have constructed and used an improvised “Parisian Baudrier” chest harness
- Stopper Knots - Figure-of-Eight Knot, Crown Knot, Overhand Knot, Monkey Fist (Scouting Life, Knot Again; October 2008)
- Gift wrapping, Table setting and more (Scouting Life, Knot Again; November 2008)
- The Art of Lashing (The Leader, Knot Again; April 2008)
- Diagonal Lashing, Fun With Knots Book
- Square Lashing, Fun With Knots Book
- Sheer Lashing, Fun With Knots Book
- Tri-Pod Lashing, Fun With Knots Book