Welcome to the Scouts Canada Wiki, the online resource for Scouts Canada leaders.
As leaders in Scouts Canada, in order to do Do Your Best you have to Be Prepared! The Challenge to you is to help Service this site by Sharing, Sharing, Sharing. This site is provided to help you share your information and get the shared information of others.
What is this?
- A resource for anyone in a leadership role within Scouts Canada. (These include Scouters, Volunteer Helpers, Scouters in Training, Kims and Keeos.)
- Program suggestions focused on badge based program delivery for Beaver Scouts, Cub Scouts, Scouts, Venturer Scouts, and Rover Scouts.
- A cross-listed reference of badge work, so when you work on one badge requirement you'll know if it applies to another badge as well.
- What is a Wiki Site? Think of this site as a pot-luck meal. Bring something you think others will enjoy and help yourself to anything that others brought!
What isn't this?
- This is not an official site of Scouts Canada programs, but rather a resource of both official and member-contributed materials.
- This is not intended to replace any official Scouts Canada training, or the Program Builder Online, but provided to augment them.
- This is not a definitive source of information for Scouts Canada programs, but is provided to help those who deliver them.
- This is not a repository of duplicate information found elsewhere on the Internet, links to other resources should be given where appropriate.
- This is not an aid for Scouts Canada youth members working on program material (although, if there is something here that is helpful to them then all the better).
- This is not talkscouts.ca - the official Scouts Canada discussion forum.
Who can use this site?
- Anyone can use it for reference, but the intended audience is Scouts Canada leaders that are developing and delivering program work based on badge goals.
- Registered users can add comments, edit content or add their own pages.
- New accounts must verify their email address.
How does it work?
- Look up any badge that your Scouts Canada group is currently working on, or planning to work on, for resources, suggestions, ideas or even full program plans that you can use.
- Make any changes (registered users only) to the ones you see if you have ideas for improvements or alternatives.
- Make comments on the discussion page (registered users only) of any of the program suggestions (or anything in the wiki, including images and documents, for that matter).
- Any objectionable content can be retracted by using page history. Abusive users and inappropriate content should be reported to the wiki administrator immediately.
- Learn how to edit pages and add original ideas of your own!