Welcome to the Scouts Canada Wiki, the online resource for Scouts Canada leaders.
As leaders in Scouts Canada, in order to do Do You Best you have to Be Prepared! This is best done by Sharing, Sharing, Sharing. This site is provided as a pilot project to help you share your information and get the shared information of others.
What is this?
- A resource for anyone in a leadership role within Scouts Canada. (These include Scouters, Volunteer Helpers, Scouters in Training, Kims and Keeos.)
- Program suggestions focused on badge based program delivery for Cub Scouts, Scouts and Venturer Scouts. (While Beaver Scouts doesn't focus on badges, it can still benefit from outcome focused program delivery.)
- A cross-listed reference of badge work, so when you work on one badge requirement you'll know if it applies to another badge as well.
- What is a Wiki Site? Think of this site as a pot-luck meal. Bring something you think others will enjoy and help yourself to anything that others brought!
What isn't this?
- This is not an official site of Scouts Canada, but rather a grass-roots resource by some of its members.
- This is not intended to replace any official training, or the Program Builder Online, but provided to augment them.
- This is not a definitive source of information for Scouts Canada programs, but is provided to help those who deliver them.
- This is not a repository of duplicate information found elsewhere on the Internet. Local storage is limited and links to other resources will be given where appropriate.
- This is not an aid for Scout Canada youth members working on program material (although, if there is something here that is helpful to them then all the better).
Who can use this site?
- Anyone can use it for reference, but the intended audience is Scouts Canada leaders that are developing and delivering program work based on badge goals.
- Registered users can add comments, edit content or add their own pages.
- Requests to join the site must be approved by a site administrator.
How does it work?
- Look up any badge that your Scouts Canada group is currently working on, or planning to work on, for resources, suggestions, ideas or even full program plans that you can use.
- Make any changes (registered users only) to the ones you see if you have ideas for improvements or alternatives.
- Make comments (registered users only) on any of the program suggestions.
- Any objectionable content can be flagged by any user, retracted using page history and abusive users removed and banned by administrators.
- Learn how to edit pages and add original ideas of your own!