As members of Scouts Canada, in order to Do Your Best you have to Be Prepared!
The Challenge to you is to help this site Go Beyond by Sharing, Sharing, Sharing.
This site is provided to help share your information and get shared information of others.
What is this?
- A resource for anyone in a leadership role within Scouts Canada. (These include Scouters and youth in leadership roles.)
- Program suggestions focused on program delivery and badge requirement for Beaver Scouts, Cub Scouts, Scouts, Venturer Scouts, and Rover Scouts.
- A cross-listed reference of badge work, so when you work on one badge requirement you'll know if it applies to another badge as well.
- The history book to help members find their roots in the past of our organization.
- What is a Wiki Site? Think of this site as a pot-luck meal. Bring something you think others will enjoy and help yourself to anything that others brought!
What isn't this?
- This is not a site of official Scouts Canada information, rather it is a resource containing both official and member-contributed materials.
- This is not intended to replace any official Scouts Canada training, but provided to augment it.
- This is not a definitive source of information for Scouts Canada programs, but is provided to help those who deliver them.
- This is not a repository of duplicate information found elsewhere on the Internet; links to other resources should be given where appropriate.
- This is not the official Scouts Canada Facebook discussion group, nor is it twitter or facebook; use those tools for the social media activities, please!
How does it work?
- Look up any badge that your Scouts Canada group is currently working on, or planning to work on, for resources, suggestions, ideas or even full program plans that you can use.
- Make any changes (registered users only) to the ones you see if you have ideas for improvements or alternatives.
- Make comments on the discussion page (registered users only) of any of the program suggestions (or anything in the wiki, including images and documents, for that matter).
- Any objectionable content can be retracted by using page history. Abusive users and inappropriate content should be reported to the wiki administrator immediately, wherein those users may be blocked.
- Learn how to edit pages and add original ideas of your own!