Difference between revisions of "Musician Badge"
m (Updated badge)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Latest revision as of 11:58, 12 July 2019
Under the program revitalization effort of the Canadian Path, this article is no longer be applicable to the current program.
It remains here for reference purposes only.
For information on items replacing this topic, see Cub Scouts Arts.
This badge helps Cubs develop basic knowledge and skills in singing or playing an instrument. 
- Identify the notes of the staff and the values of notes and rest signs.
- Explain the meaning of piano, forte, moderato, staccato, largo, pianissimo, fortissimo.
- Do three (3) of the following:
- (a) Play a simple tune on a recognized instrument
- (b) Demonstrate ability with a rhythm instrument such as castanets, drum, etc.
- (c) Sing a major scale ascending and descending, and the three notes of a major and minor triad
- (d) Tap or clap the rhythm of a four-bar phrase previously played by an adult
- (e) Sing a short solo
- (f) Be a member of a recognized choir, band or ensemble
- Taken from MEASURING SUCCESS - THE SCOUTING WAY