From Scouts Canada Wiki
- A group of friends.
- A group where everybody is important.
- A group of four to eight people.
- A group which plans and does things together.
Benefits of the Patrol:
- A small group setting where youth feel wanted and needed.
- Greater opportunity to take on responsibility and build self-confidence
- More opportunities to learn by doing and actually getting involved and sharing the work.
- Opportunities to experience leadership and develop leadership skill.
The youth leadership is performed by a Patrol Leader and Assistant Patrol Leader, under the guidance of a Scout Counsellor. Reference book called Patrol Leaders Handbook is available online and from the Scout Shop.