Pet Care Challenge Badge
From Scouts Canada Wiki
Revision as of 09:09, 19 January 2011 by WikiSysop
Show an interest and ability in maintaining a healthy pet.
- Look after a pet for at least six months.
- Show the required feeding, grooming, exercise, affection and training that this pet needs.
- Know the laws in your community that apply to you keeping a pet.
- Show that you understand what is considered cruelty to animals.
- Explain the relationship between domesticated pets and wild animals; health risks, communicable disease, etc.
- Visit a veterinary hospital or equivalent to learn about active and preventive services available to your pet.