From Scouts Canada Wiki
Revision as of 12:07, 6 December 2014 by Kite.henley
A pressure pack is a method for outdoor cooking of food without the use of utensils.
Heavy duty foil is folded into a sachet and this is then used to cook the food.
Use heavy duty foil - as this is less likely to tear.
Type of pressure packs
- Flat pouches
- tent pouches
- Single meal pouches
- Patrol sized pouch
How to cook with a a pressure pack
- tear off a piece of foil about 30cm in length,
- fold the foil in half - to create a double layer,
- fold into a quarter to create the pouch,
- create a double seam along the two sides (with the fold as the bottom of the pouch)
- fill with your meat and vegetables,
- carefully place on the coals of the fire (you may also put some coals over the pouch)