A pressure pack is a method for outdoor cooking of food without the use of utensils.
Heavy duty foil is folded into a sachet and this is then used to cook the food.
Use heavy duty foil - as this is less likely to tear.
Type of pressure packs
- Flat pouches
- tent pouches
- Single meal pouches
- Patrol sized pouch
How to cook with a pressure pack
- tear off a piece of foil about 30cm in length,
- fold the foil in half - to create a double layer,
- fold into a quarter to create the pouch,
- create a double seam along the two sides (with the fold as the bottom of the pouch)
- fill with your meat and vegetables,
- carefully place on the coals of the fire (you may also put some coals over the pouch)
Foods to cook with a pressure pack
With a pressure pck you are able to cook a stew, or a large piece of meat like a fish or a rabbit. The foil keeps the moisture in and protects the food from the ash.
You can cut vegetables like onions, carrots and potatoes in to smaller pieces - or you could cook them whole.
Pressure pack recipes
Will add some links to pages under this heading