From Scouts Canada Wiki
Revision as of 14:15, 29 October 2013 by Tedward
SPICES stands for a set of youth development goals covering six areas: Social, Physical, Intellectual, Character, Emotional, and Spiritual. SPICES represents one of the three main elements of the Canadian Path.
- Social - Acquire the concept of interdependence with others, explore a sense of being part of a diverse group and develop my abilities in cooperation and leadership.
- Physical - Be responsible for the care and well-being of my own body.
- Intellectual - Develop my ability to think, to plan, to innovate and to use information in an original way to adapt to new situations.
- Character - Learn responsibility towards myself while at the same time balancing that with respect for others.
- Emotional - Recognize my own feelings and learn to express them in a healthy manner while respecting the feelings of others.
- Spiritual - Learn to recognize that I am a part of a larger spiritual reality and to respect the spiritual choices of others.