Safety Challenge Badge
From Scouts Canada Wiki
Revision as of 13:32, 19 January 2011 by WikiSysop
Demonstrate a knowledge of safety.
- Show how to get help. (Police, Fire, Ambulance.)
- Explain classes of fires and how to use different types of fire extinguishers.
- Demonstrate the safety aspects and differences between fuses and circuit breakers.
- Show what to do in case of a fire. Plan escape routes for your home or meeting place. Include the location of fire extinguishers and smoke alarms.
- Make a list of fire hazards in your home and meeting place.
- Demonstrate how and why to store medicines, cleaning aids and flammable materials. Know the hazard symbols.
- Demonstrate the basic "Rules of the Road" for bicycling.
- Show how to avoid and treat carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Identify common poisonous plants in your area, and how to treat symptoms.