Scouts Canada Wiki:About
From Scouts Canada Wiki
Revision as of 16:13, 19 January 2011 by WikiSysop
The Scouts Canada Wiki is a site for volunteers to gather and contribute program materials.
- The Scouts Canada Wiki is licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 Canada License.
- KISS - Keep It Simple, Scouters!
- Simple, clean content is easier to read and makes a better reference.
- Badge Requirements and the like should be uncluttered, so they can be easily viewed or printed for reference purposes. Program suggestions and other links can follow along the bottom of the page.
- No fancy formatting or distracting formatting, please.
- Included images should be simple and small. A "patch theme" is thus far being used, with the hopes of giving the site a campfire blanket appeal. Transparent backgrounds are preferred.
- Any item deserving its own page of content should be on it's own page. Consider breaking a complex page into multiple focused pages.
- Included material is to be related directly to Scout Canada program delivery.
- Not to include copyrighted materials (see Scouts_Canada_Wiki:Copyrights). It is best to to add links and commentary to such material.
- New pages must be appropriately named, with either the full badge name (including "Badge", "Award", etc.). Section specific pages should be prefixed (E.g. "Cub Scouts -", "Scouts -", etc.). Generally applicable pages should be prefixed with a topic area name, such as "Game -", "Skill -", "Song -", "Craft - "etc.
- Please use MediaWiki categories to help organize related articles. (See the list of used categories by this wiki.)
- This site is publicly available, but can only be contributed to by members.
- Inappropriate content or comments can (and will) be removed by a site administrator or moderator. Site members abusing this site will be removed and banned.
Scouts Canada Web Site Guidelines
- Where possible, the guidelines in Scouts Canada Web Site Guidelines should be followed. The highlights of this include:
- Contents must be consistent with Missions, Laws, Promise, Policies and Procedures of Scouts Canada.
- Links to other sites are permitted (and encouraged), provided their content is consistent with Missions, Laws, Promise, Policies and Procedures of Scouts Canada.
- Advertising is not permitted.
- Discussion forums (on the bottom of most pages) must be password protected for members only and are monitored to ensure they are in keeping with the mission, principles and laws of Scouting. (This site goes a step further and allows anyone to report problematic pages to moderators.)
- No photos of youth should be personally identified and no personal information should be disclosed.
Any concerns or questions should be sent to email@example.com.