From Scouts Canada Wiki
Revision as of 10:45, 27 September 2015 by Brandon
Cubs learn basic cross-country and/or downhill skiing or snowboarding knowledge and skills, with an emphasis on safety and the Alpine Responsibility Code. 
To earn the Skier Badge, complete the following requirements:
- Show how to carry poles and skis properly.
- Show how to care for your equipment properly, including how to store it off-season.
- Explain some rules for safety when skiing. (Red Star A5)
- Put on your own skis and adjust the bindings properly.
- Climb a hill using side-step, traverse and herringbone.
- Snowplow straight down a hill in complete control.
- Do right and left linked snowplow turns.
- Describe how to get help in case of a skiing accident.
- Explain how to dress for various types of weather.
- Do either (a) or (b):
- (a) Show the safe use of a rope tow, T-Bar or chair lift
- (b) Describe the emergency equipment and supplies you should carry on a cross-country ski
- Taken from MEASURING SUCCESS - THE SCOUTING WAY