Under the program revitalization effort of the Canadian Path, this article is no longer be applicable to the current program.
It remains here for reference purposes only.
For information on items replacing this topic, see Cub Scout Winter Fitness.
Cubs learn basic cross-country and/or downhill skiing or snowboarding knowledge and skills, with an emphasis on safety and the Alpine Responsibility Code. 
To earn the Skier Badge, complete the following requirements:
- Show how to carry poles and skis properly.
- Show how to care for your equipment properly, including how to store it off-season.
- Explain some rules for safety when skiing. (Red Star A5)
- Put on your own skis and adjust the bindings properly.
- Climb a hill using side-step, traverse and herringbone.
- Snowplow straight down a hill in complete control.
- Do right and left linked snowplow turns.
- Describe how to get help in case of a skiing accident.
- Explain how to dress for various types of weather.
- Do either (a) or (b):
- (a) Show the safe use of a rope tow, T-Bar or chair lift
- (b) Describe the emergency equipment and supplies you should carry on a cross-country ski
- Taken from MEASURING SUCCESS - THE SCOUTING WAY