Space Exploration Badge
From Scouts Canada Wiki
Revision as of 13:38, 19 January 2011 by WikiSysop
Cubs learn about Canada's role in space exploration and research. 
Do any four (4) of the following requirements:
- Discuss the importance of space technology in Canadian living. This could include:
- (a) weather forecasts
- (b) communications
- (c) search and rescue operations
- (d) map making
- (e) promoting international cooperation between Canada and other countries
- Make a drawing or model of a satellite, such as Canada's first satellites Alouette I and II, ISIS or Hermes, or another satellite of your choice.
- Make a presentation about the Space Shuttle, including the Canadarm.
- Design and build a space station. Include living requirements, such as water, air and food supplies, power sources, communications and describe what peaceful activities the space station can be used for.
- Draw or make a model of a rocket, or of a space craft of your own design. Tell about any special features you have included in your model.
- Draw or make a space suit currently in use or one of your own design. Tell about any special features you have included in your model.
- Make a report on or a scrapbook about an astronaut, mission team or space mission of your choice.
- Part 2: can link with Artist Badge 8
- Taken from MEASURING SUCCESS - THE SCOUTING WAY