Trail Cards are a part of the Canadian Path.
Each card, usually a single piece of paper and often double sided, describe an Adventure.
Each card may contain:
- Trail Card title
- The Adventure: a brief description of the activity
- Program Area with link to Symbolic Framework and icon from Section Map
- Plan: Questions to help get youth (supported—not led—by Scouters) started on the planning process. Scouters should support youth planning by asking additional questions
- Do: Share the Adventure—have fun!
- Review: Questions to help youth (supported—not led—by Scouters) review the Adventure
- Online Resources: Hyperlinks to videos + websites
- Safety Note: Safety considerations specific to the activity—standard safety practices still apply
- Tips for Scouters: (where applicable—Beaver Scouters only)
For individual trail cards, see the Canadian Path web site, http://canadianpath.ca. Under "For Youth", select the desired section, and then look for the "Tail Cards" portion of the page, categorized by program area.
Note that Trail Cards functionally replace Jumpstarts.