Trail Cards are a part of the Canadian Path.
Each card describes an Adventure.
Each card may contain:
- Trail Card title
- The Adventure: a brief description of the activity
- Program Area with link to Symbolic Framework and icon from Section Map
- Plan: Questions to help get youth (supported—not led—by Scouters) started on the planning process. Scouters should support youth planning by asking additional questions
- Do: Share the Adventure—have fun!
- Review: Questions to help youth (supported—not led—by Scouters) review the Adventure
- Online Resources: Hyperlinks to videos + websites
- Safety Note: Safety considerations specific to the activity—standard safety practices still apply
- Tips for Scouters: (where applicable—Beaver Scouters only)
Note that Trail Cards functionally replace Jumpstarts, but often reference some of them. Trail Cards are intended to give to the youth to run or participate in an adventure, whereas Jumpstarts were intended for Scouters to plan a whole meeting.
Make Your Own
Use these blank, editable PDF files to make your own Trail Cards.