Troop Specialty Challenge Badge
From Scouts Canada Wiki
Revision as of 15:39, 25 September 2014 by SteveMatheson
To provide a way to recognize a Troop that has a special interest.
- The Troop will decide on the requirements for this badge.
The Scout leader must send a copy of the badge requirements to the local Scout council for information.
- This has been deemed an unncessary step see the FaceBook discussion from 2014-09-25
- A Troop may have only one Specialty badge at a time.
- A Troop may change its Specialty badge once a year if it wishes.
- Aviation Troop Speciality Badge - THE LEADER, June/July 2007
- Scouts Canada Scuba Program
- 15th Strathcona Troop Specialty Badge — Mountaineering
- Scouts Geocaching Badge
(As listed in the Climate Change Challenge - Scout Handbook Pages
- After exploring ways to improve the energy efficiency of your home, educate others as to how they may improve their own homes (e.g. information booth; pamphlet, etc.). Provide estimates of the energy, money and GHGs saved by using an online calculator (www.climatechange.gc.ca or www.scouts.ca).
- Adopt a location in the community where cars are often seen idling (school yard, sports facility) and launch a noidling campaign to decrease idling in this location. Resources can be found at: http://oee.nrcan.gc.ca/transportation/personal/idling.cfm
- Organize a tire pressure clinic. Visit www.betiresmart.ca to find out more about this program.