Water Tripping Challenge Badge
Experience all aspects of extended water trips.
NOTE: You must wear a properly fitted PFD while in a boat.
- Help in the planning and participate in a three (3) day water trip.
- Properly select and wear a PFD.
- Understand and explain the importance of a float plan.
- Demonstrate the ability to select the proper equipment for your trip.
- Demonstrate and explain ways to weather-proof camping gear.
- Demonstrate your skills at making emergency repairs to your tripping equipment.
- Show skills in map and compass reading, estimation of appropriate time and distance goals.
- Show weather observation skills.
- Demonstrate how to load your craft for tripping.
Under the program revitalization effort of the Canadian Path, this article is no longer be applicable to the current program.
It remains here for reference purposes only.
For information on items replacing this topic, see Personal Achievement Badges - Scouts.