Water Tripping Challenge Badge
From Scouts Canada Wiki
Revision as of 14:52, 19 January 2011 by WikiSysop
Experience all aspects of extended water trips.
NOTE: You must wear a properly fitted PFD while in a boat.
- Help in the planning and participate in a three (3) day water trip.
- Properly select and wear a PFD.
- Understand and explain the importance of a float plan.
- Demonstrate the ability to select the proper equipment for your trip.
- Demonstrate and explain ways to weather-proof camping gear.
- Demonstrate your skills at making emergency repairs to your tripping equipment.
- Show skills in map and compass reading, estimation of appropriate time and distance goals.
- Show weather observation skills.
- Demonstrate how to load your craft for tripping.