Winter Scouting Challenge Badge
From Scouts Canada Wiki
Revision as of 15:53, 19 January 2011 by WikiSysop
Demonstrate ability to hike and camp in the outdoors in the winter.
- Plan and conduct three winter activities, one of which must be an overnight camp.
- Demonstrate appropriate gear suitable for winter camping.
- Know signs and first aid for hypothermia, frostbite, snow blindness, wet clothing, and getting caught in a blizzard.
- Prepare a winter survival kit.
- Demonstrate knowledge of meals good for the winter activities.
- Lay and light a fire.
- Show how to avoid and what to do about the following:
- breaking through ice
- carbon monoxide poisoning
- becoming lost in winter conditions
- getting caught in a blizzard
- snow blindness
- skin stuck to cold metal
- wet clothing