Year Round Camping Award
From Scouts Canada Wiki
Revision as of 21:25, 14 January 2011 by WikiSysop
To encourage the Scout to get camping experience in the Fall or Spring, the Winter and the Summer.
To qualify, complete the following requirements for the Summer Badge, the Winter Badge and the Fall or Spring Badge in the appropriate season:
- You must spend at least two nights in tents or other temporary shelter.
- As a patrol, for each camp you must:
- Obtain written parental permission to camp;
- Select the campsite and obtain permission to use it;
- Arrange transportation. If you use a vehicle, you must travel the last kilometre on foot and carry in all your gear with your patrol members;
- Develop a menu and buy the food you need;
- Prepare the patrol camping equipment suitable for the season; and
- Plan the program activities for the camp.
- Get the approval of your Troop Scouter or Patrol Counsellor for all of your actions related to the items in #2.
- Evaluate each camp with a Scouter within two weeks of the camp. Discuss your preparations, camp outcomes and Leave No Trace actions.