Advance Tripping Challenge Badge
- This article is obsolete and is based off of the old program. It is retained for reference purposes only. For a more up-to-date version, see Personal Achievement Badges - Scouts.
Demonstrate extended lightweight camping skills by participating in Lightweight Camping, Long Distance Hiking, or Extended Tripping.
- Complete twelve (12) nights of camping with at least two (2) three night camping experiences. These must provide the opportunity to demonstrate advanced lightweight skills.
- Demonstrate your ability to plan and prepare nutritious lightweight menus for an extended trip.
- Demonstrate how to use appropriate lightweight equipment.
- Demonstrate your ability to pack and carry your equipment.
- Earn at least two (2) of the following badges: Pioneering, Exploring, Winter Scouting, Water Tripping, or Year Round Camping Award.
- Instruct other Scouts or Cubs in lightweight camping skills.
- Lead a Patrol camp.
- Demonstrate an understanding of environmental camping concerns.
Under the program revitalization effort of the Canadian Path, this article is no longer be applicable to the current program.
It remains here for reference purposes only.
For information on items replacing this topic, see Personal Achievement Badges - Scouts.