Aquatic Skills Stage 2
From Scouts Canada Wiki
Aquatic Skills - Stage 2 Competencies & Requirements
- I can swim with my head in the water.
- Scouts can demonstrate this skill under the supervision of a lifeguard.
- I can swim 10 metres (any stroke) without assistance.
- Scouts (under the supervision of a lifeguard) can demonstrate their ability to swim with their head in the water.
- I know how to put on a PFD by myself.
- Scouts can correctly put on a PFD and float test it.
- For purposes of comfort, warmer water (such as a swimming pool) is ideal for this demonstration.
- I know how snorkel gear works.
- Scouts can explain how snorkeling equipment (snorkel, snorkel vest, wetsuit, fins) works and when a wetsuit may be necessary.
- I have snorkeled in a pool or open water (such as a lake).
- Dive shops are able to provide equipment and support this activity with professional instruction if desired.