Aquatic Skills Stage 7
From Scouts Canada Wiki
Aquatic Skills - Stage 7 Competencies & Requirements
- I have logged at least fi ve open water dives and assisted in the planning.
- Diving with an outside organization (dive club, dive shop, etc.) is also acceptable for this requirement.
- I can navigate with a compass underwater and understand the specific challenges of underwater navigation (currents, lack of landmarks, etc.).
- Scouts are to meet this requirement in accordance with their level of dive certification.
- I have participated in a marine environmental service project, cleaning up a water body.
- Scouts can achieve this requirement with an outside organization, such as a dive club, dive shop, etc.
- I have two of the following experiences:
- I can shoot an underwater photo/video and understand the impacts of water on light
- I have either found or placed an underwater geocache
- I have used a dry suit (in cooler waters)
- I have performed basic repairs on my gear (replacing a mouthpiece with a spare etc.)
- I have taken part in a non-penetration wreck dive or any other specialty dive course
- I have helped a younger Scout at Stage 4 or 5 learn how to...(Scout’s Choice)
- Scouts can achieve this requirement with a non-Scouts organization, such as a dive club, dive shop, etc.