Area Support Manager
An Area Support Manager (or ASM) is a staff position within a Council.
Reporting directly to the Council Executive Director and working in partnership with Council and Area leadership teams, you will support the achievement of organizational objectives and volunteer support out comes by:
- Collaboratively developing and implementing a plan for volunteer recruitment, support, and territory capacity building that will ensure delivery of consistent, high quality youth programs.
- Through proactive visits and communication, establish and maintain positive relationships with Council, Area, Group, and Section leadership teams.
- Facilitating compliance with organizational policies pertaining to member registration, volunteer screening, and program safety.
- Through regular contact, encourage and support Area and Group teams to meet and exceed volunteer support and program standards.
- Establishing oneself as a key resource for program knowledge, organizational policies, and the Volunteer Support Strategy.
- Increasing awareness and visibility of Scouting in the assigned territory (Service Areas).
- Strategically identifying and working locally to leverage growth prospects while ensuring effective sustainment of the existing membership base.