Broccoli Corn Bread
From Scouts Canada Wiki
This recipe is a sneaky and delicious way to slip the Scouts some vegetables.
- 12-inch camp Dutch oven
- Large mixing bowl Heavy-duty aluminum foil
- Medium frying pan
- Medium mixing bowl
- 1 15-oz box Krusteaz Corn Bread Mix
- 1 14-oz bag frozen broccoli, thawed and finely chopped
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 standard stick) butter, softened
PREPARATION AT CAMP:
- Line Dutch oven with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Grease foil.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Pour batter into oven.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, using 19 coals on the lid and 10 briquettes under the oven, until the top of the bread becomes a golden brown.