Cattle Kate's Fancy Flapjacks
From Scouts Canada Wiki
- Medium frying pan
- Medium mixing bowl
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- Butter to taste
- Maple syrup or optional Cattle Kate's secret topping (see below)
PREPARATION AT CAMP:
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, salt, sugar and baking powder.
- Add eggs and milk. Stir well.
- Grease skillet with butter to taste over medium heat.
- Once butter melts, pour about 1/2 cup batter into skillet. When top of flapjack begins to bubble, flip and brown the other side.
- Repeat Step 4 until all batter is used. Serve with maple syrup or optional secret topping.
Optional topping: To prepare Cattle Kate's secret flapjack top¬ping, combine 1 pound of your favorite frozen fruit with a little water and sugar in a skillet. Get it good and hot, mix together, then pour over your flapjacks to taste.