From the Scouter Manual:
Objective: I will use my imagination and create something new. When planning your adventures, you might like to
- use at least two different kinds of materials or tools
- use a tool or material you have not tried before
Here are some ideas to help you start creating your own adventures
- Create two faces using a variety of materials, such as buttons, straw, fabric, beads or yarn. What helps you create the most realistic face? The most unusual face? The scariest face?
- Draw three pictures. Use a different kind of tool or material for each drawing. For example, use a pencil on one, felt pens on another and wax crayons on another.
Which is your favourite?
- Visit a local potter to work with clay and create your own piece of pottery.
- Have someone teach you to knit, crochet or sew a simple item such as a potholder.
- Create a simple PowerPoint presentation on a theme that is important to you. (You can ask an adult to help you.)
- Use playdough or self-hardening clay to create four or five sculptures on the same theme.
- Using tissue paper and white glue, create a series of three “stained glassed” pictures.
- Imitate the style of pictures in your favourite picture book. Create two or three pictures using the same style, or create your own story book.
- Organize an art show and invite other Beaver Scouts (in your Lodge) to join you in creating art to display. Who will you invite to come?
- Using a camera, take a series of photos on one theme. Display your photos in an album, in frames or using a computer.
- Create your own play. Invite some of your friends from your Colony to act in your play. Perform the play for your Colony.
- Create a sculpture using recycled materials.
- Design and build a toy. What materials will you use to make it? Try different materials to build it. Which ones worked best? Why?
- Invent something that makes your life easier or more fun. What would that be? How would it work? Draw a sketch and then, if possible, build a model of it.
- Develop the text and pictures for a story book that you can share with the other
Beaver Scouts or with younger siblings. ==Need some more ideas?==! Look at the Trail Cards for Rascal’s River: Creative Expression.
Pick a suitable adventure for this badge that you would like to try on your own.