From the Scouter Manual:
Objective: I will use my sense of adventure to explore the world around me. When planning your adventures, you might like to have
- some outdoor adventures
- an adventure that takes you to a place you have always wanted to go
- an adventure to a place you have been before, but to see some part of it you have not seen before
Here are some ideas to help you start creating your own adventures
- Explore three different places, or do three different things in one place you’d like to explore.
- Go on three different hikes. Have a picnic with your family in each place you would like to explore.
- Would you like to explore the natural world?
- Forest, park or campground
- Lakeshore, seashore, beach or dunes
- Pond, bog or other wetland
- Conservation area or wilderness reserve
- Hills or mountain path
- Would you like to explore in your community?
- Community centre
- Amusement park
- Science centre
- Scrap yard
- Recycling depo
- Grocery store
- Shopping mall
Would you like to explore with your imagination? Create stories, plays, drawings or something else to explore these places or things with your imagination:
- The moon, Mars, asteroids or somewhere else in outer space
- A far off province or country
- A place or time in the past, such as your town 100 years ago or the time of dinosaurs or perhaps ancient Egypt or Rome
- A First Nations village before European contact
- The distant future
- A pirate ship, or an island with buried pirate treasure
- Deep down in the ocean
Need some more ideas?
Look at the Trail Cards for Ringtail’s Hollow: Environment & Outdoors.
Pick a suitable adventure for this badge that you would like to try on your own.