Family Care Challenge Badge
Show an interest in personal responsibility for your family.
- Show that you are able to look after yourself. your home, and your family for a short period of time.
- Be able to safely operate the appliances in your home; example stove, microwave, oven, vacuum, washing machine, etc.
- Be able to plan, purchase, and prepare a meal
- Keep your home neat and clean.
- Explain and be able to carry out the daily routine of running your family home, ie. wake-up time, meal time, family chores, bed time, etc.
- Because family sickness may be the reason for you to have to look after the home, show also that you have a general knowledge of looking after people who are sick, the principles of personal cleanliness, and home sanitation.
Note: Satisfactory completion of a "Babysitting Course" or a "Home Nursing" course will qualify you for this badge.
Under the program revitalization effort of the Canadian Path, this article may no longer be applicable.
For information on items replacing this topic, see Personal Achievement Badges - Scouts.