From Scouts Canada Wiki
This badge allows Cubs to learn sport fishing skills and develop proper waterlife conservation behaviour. 
To earn the Fishing Badge, complete the following requirements:
- Describe some safety rules for being in or around water; and know how to prevent and treat injuries caused by fish hooks and fish knives.
- Show how to put together and use an angling outfit, a handline outfit, or an ice fishing outfit.
- Name and identify some major sport fish in your area.
- Describe the most suitable way to catch one sport fish of your choice.
- Discuss the rules and regulations for fishing in your area, how to unhook and release a fish without harming it, and the benefits of using barbless hooks.
- Do either (a) or (b):
- (a) Without help (except for the actual landing), catch three separate species of local fish. Name them correctly and describe what family they belong to and their place in fishing (game fish, minnow, coarse, etc.)
- (b) Discuss water pollution in your area - how it can affect fishing and what can be done to reduce or eliminate pollution
- Taken from MEASURING SUCCESS - THE SCOUTING WAY