From the Scouter Manual:
Objective: I will share the good feelings I get from being with my friends, family and Beaver Colony. When planning your adventures, you might like to have
- an adventure that shows what is most important to you
- an adventure that uses the Beaver Scout Law
- an adventure in which you are a good friend to someone your age
Here are some ideas to help you start creating your own adventures
- Interview one of your friends. Find out about his or her favourite places, foods and activities. What do you both like to do? Why do you think you are good friends?
- Find a creative way to show your family or your Colony or Lodge what is most important to you.
- Do one thing to show each of the three parts of the Beaver Scout Law: A Beaver 1. has fun, 2. works hard, and 3. helps family and friends.
- Find someone your age who might become a new friend. Do something kind for that child. How does it feel to be a friendly person?
- Make up a song, a game or a poem that expresses friendship.
- Take photos of people (with their permission) doing things that show friendship.
- Create a Thank-you note for three good friends. Tell your friends why they are special to you.
- Create a play to show why friendship is so important. How is friendship important in the Beaver Scout Colony?
- What are ways to be friendly to a person who is new in your neighbourhood or who is new to Canada? Make a list and try them out.
- Take part in a Roots of Empathy program. (www.rootsofempathy.org)
- What are the three best values to have? Why do you think so? Share your ideas with your family or your Lodge.
- Are there friends in the animal world? Find out some stories about animal friends.
- Find out about and tell the story of a person, story character, super-hero or cartoon character that shows one or more of your values.
- Find the 52 virtues (values) listed in The Virtues Project (www.virtuesproject.com). Which are most important to you and your family?
- Do you have an animal friend? How have animals been great friends to humans?
Find out about human-animal friendships and ways that animals help humans.
Need some more ideas?
Look at the Trail Cards for Rainbow’s Reflections: Beliefs & Values.
Pick a suitable adventure for this badge that you would like to try on your own.