GROUP ADMINISTRATOR VOLUNTEER POSITION DESCRIPTION
(Taken from the BP&P SECTION 4000 – APPOINTMENTS/POSITIONS)
Selected or elected, then appointed annually by the Group Commissioner
8 to 10 hours per month (on average)
Scope of Position:
Effectively administers the non-program activities that are related to the business component and the well being of the Group as directed by the Group Commissioner.
- Assume, at the request of the Group Commissioner, the chair of the Group Committee meetings.
- In conjunction with the Group Commissioner ensure compliance with all Policies and Procedures of Scouts Canada.
- Create/provide opportunities for growth within the Group.
- Assist the Group Commissioner to recruit, orient and appoint:
- Provide monthly reports on the administrative status of the Group to the Group Commissioner.
- Be familiar with and support the Group Commissioner in the explanation of the Administrative policies and procedures for the Group.
- Work closely with the Group Secretary to ensure that the minutes and records of the Group are recorded and maintained.
- Provide assistance and leadership to the Section leaders in the development of budgets.
- Coach/Mentor and assist the administrative members of the Group Committee in achieving competency and ensuring that all reporting and activities are consistent with Scouts Canada’s Mission, Policies and Practices.
- Prepare for, and participate in, the Group Annual Review, paying particular attention to all non-program related activities such as the Group financial statements in conjunction with the Group Treasurer.
- Identify/engage external resources as required so that annual Group initiatives and goals can be achieved.
- Provide support to the Group Commissioner as required in the preparation of camps and special events.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated the appropriate knowledge and skills related to the position.
- Committed to further personal development related to their role within one year.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Registered as a member of Scouts Canada.
Group Committee References
Screening and Training
As with all Scouter/volunteer positions, members of Group Committee must go through the Screening process. This includes completing the full Wood Badge Part I training, including the Group Committee specific modules.