This position can be combined with the duties of, or be separated from, the position of Group Fundraiser.
GROUP TREASURER/FUNDRAISER VOLUNTEER POSITION DESCRIPTION
(Taken from the BP&P SECTION 4000 – APPOINTMENTS/POSITIONS)
Selected or elected, then appointed annually by the Group Commissioner
4- 6 hours per month (on average)
Scope of Position:
Encourages and supports participation in all of Scouts Canada’s official fundraisers.
- In conjunction with Group Committee members, ensure financial compliance with Scouts Canada’s Policies and Procedures.
- Effectively record, maintain, plan and explain all financial matters pertaining to the Group.
- Be one of the principal signing officers for the Group.
- Prepare, in conjunction with the Group Committee, the financial records for the Group Annual Review.
- Create/provide opportunities for growth within the Group.
- Regularly report the financial status of the Group to the Group Administrator or Group Commissioner.
- Produce the audited financial report for release.
- Note: The term “audit”, when applied at the Group level, simply means to have an impartial third party review the financial reports of the Group.
- Provide assistance and leadership to the Section leaders in the development of Section budgets.
- Take the lead in the development of fundraising goals, action plans and the
implementation of these goals and plans.
- Be the principal point of contact on matters of fundraising for the Group.
- Coach/Mentor and assist the members of the Group in attaining competency in their financial management.
- Prepare for and participate in, the Group Annual Review; paying particular attention to all financial and fundraising matters.
- Identify/encourage external resources as required by the Group Commissioner so that the Group’s annual goals can be achieved.
- Provide support to the Group Commissioner as required in the preparation and approval of budgets.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A background in finance.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Registered as a member of Scouts Canada.
- Demonstrated knowledge of VRAD process
Group Committee References
Screening and Training
As with all Scouter/volunteer positions, members of Group Committee must go through the Screening process. This includes completing the full Wood Badge Part I training, including the Group Committee specific modules 2 through 5.