Horticulture Challenge Badge
Demonstrate your knowledge and involvement in an horticultural project.
- Plan, plant, and tend throughout one complete growing season from early spring to early winter a flower garden of at least 4 m square, OR a vegetable garden of at least 9 m square OR a landscaped property of at least 16 m square.
- Preparation of the soil
- Location of the plants
- Fertilization and mulching used
- The program of weeding, watering, and staking
- The preparation for winter.
- Explain your choice of plants and show or illustrate your results. Photographs, floral displays, horticultural exhibits, growth records, and produce are interesting ways to present your report.
Under the program revitalization effort of the Canadian Path, this article may no longer be applicable.
For information on items replacing this topic, see Personal Achievement Badges - Scouts.