Muffin in Orange Half
From Scouts Canada Wiki
- Cut the top off an orange, or cut in half. Scoop out the orange.
- Prepare muffin batter. Use an instant mix, or your favourite recipe.
- Fill the orange halves, leaving some room for expansion.
- Optional: Add a small amount of fresh berries, raisins, or chocolate chips.
- Wrap in aluminum foil
- Add to a bed of hot coals.
- For extra heating, add aluminum foil across the top of muffins, acting as a lid. Scoop up a small amount of coals on top of the foil for even more heat, if needed.
- To test muffins, use a thin clean stick. Insert into the muffin. If it comes out clean it is cooked, if it is wet with batter allow more time to cook.