From the Scouter Manual:
Objective: I will explore ways that I can have fun and be active. When planning your adventures, you might like to
- set a new goal for yourself in a sport or physical activity you already do
- try a sport or physical activity you have never before tried
Here are some ideas to help you start creating your own adventures
- Choose a sport that you love to do. What new skill would you like to learn in this sport? Or what skill would you like to get better at? What is your goal?
- Try a new sport that you have never played before. What do you think of this sport? Will you keep doing it?
- Pick two or three physical activities (like running 100 metres, long jump, throwing a ball, hitting a shuttlecock with a badminton racket, swimming 10 metres, throwing a football, shooting a number of baskets, doing sit-ups, skipping rope, twirling a hula hoop). What is your personal best in each of these? Set a new goal for your personal best. Go for it!
- Lead your Colony in playing two new active games.
- Create a new game that gets everyone moving and try it with your family or your Colony.
- Invite your family to work together to set a new goal to be more active. Work together on the goal for a few weeks.
- Pick three physical activities. Find out how each helps your body become stronger and healthier.
- Make something you can use to play a sport. Try it out with your Lodge or your family.
- Create your own sport.
- What active games did children your age play 100 years ago? Try one out.
- Pick a sport in the modern Olympic Games. How do athletes train for that sport?
- Which sports were parts of the original Olympic Games in ancient Greece? Why do you think they chose these sports? Which of these sports do you know how to do? Which would you like to give a try?
Need some more ideas?
Look at the Trail Cards for Rusty’s Meadow: Active & Healthy Living.
Pick a suitable adventure for this badge that you would like to try on your own.