Pet Care Challenge Badge
Show an interest and ability in maintaining a healthy pet.
- Look after a pet for at least six months.
- Show the required feeding, grooming, exercise, affection and training that this pet needs.
- Know the laws in your community that apply to you keeping a pet.
- Show that you understand what is considered cruelty to animals.
- Explain the relationship between domesticated pets and wild animals; health risks, communicable disease, etc.
- Visit a veterinary hospital or equivalent to learn about active and preventive services available to your pet.
Under the program revitalization effort of the Canadian Path, this article is no longer be applicable to the current program.
It remains here for reference purposes only.
For information on items replacing this topic, see Personal Achievement Badges - Scouts.