Recycling Challenge Badge
Demonstrate your knowledge and involvement in recycling.
- Lead a discussion about the meaning of recycling, and describe why recycling has become more important in recent years.
- Report on the “recycling process” in your community. What happens to a tin can or bottle?
- Do either of the following:
- a) Examine what you recycle at home to ensure you are recycling all items accepted by your municipality. Expand it to include items that can be donated (clothing) and refused (flyers, excess packaging).
- b) At a camp with members of your patrol, organize a recycling program for the duration of the camp, and deposit all recyclable materials at your local recycling centre. Document your program details, and share them with the camp administrator.
Under the program revitalization effort of the Canadian Path, this article may no longer be applicable.
For information on items replacing this topic, see Personal Achievement Badges - Scouts.